Friday, March 11, 2016

The Two Trumps Get an Endorsement (UPDATE)

Today, Dr. Ben Carson has endorsed Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy, in the wake of cancelling his own campaign.
In an interview with Fox News Radio Thursday Carson said there were two different Trumps and he was considering supporting the "thinking" version.

“There’s two Donald Trumps. There’s the Donald Trump that you see on television and who gets out in front of big audiences, and there’s the Donald Trump behind the scenes,” he said. “They’re not the same person. One’s very much an entertainer, and one is actually a thinking individual.”
My snark, stolen from Steve Graham:
Many who were supporters/admirers of Dr. Carson are disappointed in his choice and I--an admirer-- am among this number. But most of us will take our disappointment and disillusion about this person and keep on moving—because we know that human beings are flawed, politicians especially so. Dr. Carson is far from the first politician to act in a manner inconsistent with his professed values and consistent with possible personal gain.

It would be nice, however, if his statement about it weren’t so laughable. But I digress from my point.

It’s the point which I’ve been mulling over for a few months and talking about since I came back from Kenya: when someone wishes to get your vote/admiration/support and claims to believe in the principles which you believe, but behaves in a manner contrary to those beliefs, you withdraw your vote/admiration/support from that person.

You don’t discard the principle(s). Not unless you are FoS, too.

If I ever need brain surgery, I’ll ask Dr. Carson for a recommendation. (He’s too old to do it himself.) But his incoherent political philosophy—perhaps willfully incoherent--is noted and I’m done with him in that area.

BY THE WAY: Remember when Trump compared Carson to a child-molester and suggested that he be killed or castrated? Warning: contempt for Christianity on display in this video.



Don't forget: every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Tuesday's post: Principles, Linear Existence, and Deep Space Nine.

Please contribute to Juliette’s Projects: A Roof Over My Head, my books, this blog, and my Internet--to keep them going and to the COFFEE fund to keep me going!

No comments: