Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Bread on the Water

1 Cast your bread upon the waters,
for you will find it after many days.
2 Give a portion to seven, or even to eight,
for you know not what disaster may happen on earth.

-- Ecclesiastes 11:1-2

I'm always a little amazed at my ability to type out a few ideas and have it become 500 words in less that 20 minutes. That's what happened with the Trump post from yesterday.

Every year since about 2008, I've promised myself, and, sometimes, my readers that I would write more. It's very strange; I love to write and really like getting paid for it, but there's also the feeling of repetition. Even some of the high-traffic posts from last year are repeats or contain portions of posts that I composed years ago.

I feel a little guilty about that, especially since I have people supporting this effort. I know that most of you don't mind, but I do. However, I'm always thrilled to find someone who has never read any of my essays, and they are more in number --obviously -- than those who have.

My tagline says that a free person creates her own job, so my New Year's Resolution is to go to the job daily. I had been making a little money with the transcription service, but it was shut down for the holidays, so I made none. This week, my rent, electric and Internet are due: $700 still needed.

But even if I don't get it in time, I plan to write daily -- to cast this bread on the waters of the Internet and hope it comes back to me, in bread and in feedback. Thanks.

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: Obama and Iran’s Mullahs: A Love Story? (UPDATED)

When you hit the Tip Jar, it helps pays for: A Roof Over My Head, Food, Gasoline, Car Insurance, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility. 




No comments: