Thursday, November 19, 2015

I Accept the Shame You Cast Upon Me

All of you who are for the seeding of Syrian refugees into the United States, including you, Mr. President, are morally better than I am. And I accept the shame that you keep trying to heap upon those of us who have been against President Obama's generous example of Americanism. I am ashamed of myself.

And, even though the USA takes in 70% of all resettled United Nations-designated refugees in the world, I am so, so ashamed of my stance on this latest proposed set of refugees. Because of your opposing view, you are my moral betters. You are better Americans than I am.

Happy now? I knew you would be. It makes me happy to make you happy.

But I’m still against it. I am so, so, sorry that your moral preening has not budged my opinion in the least!
So, please, Mr. President, spare us your sanctimony and condescension.
That goes for the rest of you.

Please contribute to Juliette’s Projects: A Roof Over My Head, utilities, this blog, and my Internet--to keep them going and to the COFFEE fund to keep me going!




1 comment:

Herb said...

I join you in the shame you expressed for opposing the importation of Syrian refugees. I would welcome the Syrian Christians who are truly being persecuted by the Islamic Jihadists.

Hope things get better soon.