Monday, March 28, 2016

Slice of My Life

So I put up a post, then decided to take my few cans and bottles to the recycler. I’m going to have to start drinking soda or beer for the recycling change alone.

Slice of cake that I'm not eating
It’s a good little walk to the place--a rundown strip-mall, beside/behind a single franchise grocery store. But I figured I’d get two things done on the trip: get some small change and swing by the library that’s across the street from the strip-mall in order to print some documents from Dropbox. (My printer was lost in the great sell-off.)

So I get around to the front of the library and see a sign on the front door which says “The library will be closed on Monday, March 28, 2016 to commemorate Cesar Chavez’s Birthday.”

Commiefornia.

Commies call themselves ‘progressives,’ but it seems to me that they’re always holding up progress,
even when they’re dead. (And I bet that, in California, only conservatives and white Leftists have even heard of Chavez.)

So, I put my hand in my pocket to get my phone so that I could use the library’s wifi. Nothing. I had forgotten to put it in my pocket. And when I got the recycler, the line was long as all get out.

So I came back home. Upside to the walk: it’s a good piece of exercise. A 54-year-old woman from a family of thick--two having undergone gastric bypass surgery-- and trying to stay far under 200 lbs. can’t discount that. Cheers.

Don't forget: every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: Information and Reformation.

This is my JOB. It pays for: A Roof Over My Head, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.






No comments: