Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dream Come True (UPDATED)

Even as some not-so-nice things have happened in my life in the last few years, one really great thing is about to happen. One might call it a lifetime dream near realization.

In a few months, I’m going to Kenya. It will be for the first time.

I have not seen my biological father face-to-face within my memory, so this will be…I’m searching for a word but I cannot find it.

This trip is a result of a generous benefactor who wishes that his name not be revealed until after the
trip, so I will wait until then.

In the meantime, I have to scramble to get three things: a passport, immunizations, and an entry visa. Your assistance will be appreciated.

On Facebook, I have contact with three of my four Kenyan siblings, along with several of my Kenyan cousins and they are stoked! (I have met only one of the siblings in person; she lives in the USA.) They say that there will be a mob at the airport when I arrive, which a bit daunting to this introvert.

(My American family will find out about this by reading this, but I’ll let them know by phone today. That should be interesting, too.)

I also think that it is an appropriate time to resurrect my Kenya Project

My basic feeling? I feel as if God is keeping me moving and putting me face-to-face with those He needs me to see. My natural state is sedentary; but, when God puts a “fire” under you, you can’t help but to get moving.


December 15: There have been no new donations in over a week.

FUNDRAISER UPDATE: The goal is $1500 in sales and donations by December 31. As of December 15 at 10:30 AM PT, there have been 11 donations totaling $454.00 and one sale totaling $10.99, for a grand total of $464.99. Thank you!


Please contribute to Juliette’s Projects: Kenya Trip, A Roof Over My Head, my Storage Facility, my new novel, this blog, and my Internet--to keep them going and to the COFFEE fund to keep me going!


1 comment: