Monday, April 2, 2018

Still Trying to Create My Job


$250, so far. Landlord not here, yet.

And I'm still not jealous. ::: nose growing :::
Man, what a grift. I remind you at the outset that, contrary to popular belief, it’s not true that [former acting FBI director Andrew] McCabe lost his pension when Jeff Sessions fired him on the eve of his retirement. What he lost was the right to qualify for that pension early, at age 50. He’ll need to wait now until he’s 57 to begin receiving money. Or, to put this in private-sector lingo, instead of being able to retire comfortably 15 years before a private-sector worker might, he’ll only be able to do so eight years before. (...)
But Trump hates him and that’s good enough reason for liberals to shower with him cash. His initial GoFundMe target for his “legal defense” was $250,000; three days later he’s at $540,000 and counting. This is a guy, remember, who was fired for cause on the recommendation of the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility after being flagged for “lack of candor” by the DOJ’s Inspector General. He’s shutting his fundraising page down tonight, possibly because even he’s grossed out watching lefties push bundles of money at an upper-class family from suburban Virginia just because Trump dislikes them.
(People may recall that I'm retired military; because I retired from the Reserves, I get my pension when I turn 60. Three years from now.)

I've always been blessed with a small group of loyal and reliable donors for this blog; some can barely afford it. And I know that I'll be able to meet my latest financial hardship.

One of my fantasies is to win the Lotto -- which I rarely play -- and go hand out money to toiling online scribes.

Then, this morning, I noticed that National Review featured a piece authored by Bethany Mandel which outlined the alliance between the Nation of Islam and the "Church"of Scientology, something which I pointed to in 2012 and then again one month ago.

I could get almost no one to pay attention to this six years ago or even last month when the additional alliance between the NOI and the Women's March was being discussed far and wide! That is incredibly frustrating.

So, here's what I would like to do: go out physically and find some more stories that no one else has.

Frequently, I point to "coincidences" that few others see and/or understand -- that's my quirky little brain at work and it's a gift from God ... sometimes. And God bless Glenn Reynolds for pointing his vast readership to my writing.

But I need the rest of you, too, assuming you find my work of value. As I keep saying, I'm not trying to get rich; only trying to do what God put me here to do -- analyze and tell about it -- and enjoy the blessings of living in the First World while doing it. Is that too much to ask? I hope not.

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: Crooked Love.

When you hit the Tip Jar, it helps pays for: A Roof Over My Head, Food, Gasoline, Car Insurance, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.




No comments: