Saturday, April 23, 2016

Bottom Out: Why the Tubman 20 Doesn't Matter

A lot of people are still arguing about the Fed's decision to change the front image of the 20 dollar bill from that of Andrew Jackson to that of Harriet Tubman.

I was initially thrilled about the news and came across the image below early on.


It is unknown who did this awesome photoshop and, of course, this won't be the image on the new federal reserve note.

The more I think about it, however, the change is the equivalent of throwing a bone to a hungry public. And those who are still arguing about the historical merits of Tubman versus those of Jackson are wasting their time.

After all, does it really matter which the image is on any piece of fiat currency--which, by definition, is based on nothing but the word of the non-federal Fed?

If I were a little bit more paranoid, I'd say that this is why the change was allowed.

AFTERTHOUGHT: In a barter economy, aside from ammo and booze, I predict that coffee will have the most value.


BTW, while that currency still has some perceived value--at least to power, gas, and Internet companies--be so kind as to donate to this blog. Thanks!

And don't forget: every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: Hot Sauce and Bones.


This is my JOB. It pays for: A Roof Over My Head, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.

Below: New Non-Paypal Donation System!





No comments: