Friday, April 29, 2016

WePay Gets the Thumbs-Down (UPDATED)

First, I want to say Thank You Again to one and all who have contributed to my utility fund; the contributions have been more than enough. Love you all at Ace of Spades HQ!

That said, I am still posting from the library and it’s because WePay.com—which provides the donation buttons on this site through Everbutton.com--is unable to verify bank accounts and credit cards automatically or in a few days like PayPal does. And even when the accounts are verified and the withdrawal process starts, it takes two to five days before the funds are deposited into an individual’s personal bank account. WePay does not provide an account in the manner that PayPal does. Also, no phone app.

I’ve been in contact with WePay’s customer service and they tell me that it will take up to 30 days before I receive the funds.

Think about that.

So, I do not recommend WePay as a PayPal replacement. And I’ll be going to bed at 8:00 PM for a few weeks. Bright side: I’m getting a lot of novel writing done!

And, since, that was the original plan, I'll say...onward.

UPDATED (4/30/16): Also no text alert, nor method of telephone contact.

I've received none of the funds donated for April 24th onward. As a matter of fact, the withdrawal process for donations on the 24th and later to my bank account hasn't even start yet.

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: A Little Drive.


This is my JOB. It pays for: A Roof Over My Head, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.

And...
If you still want to to donate via Paypal, my email address is juliette -dot- ochieng -at- gmail -dot- com.


No comments: