Sunday, April 8, 2018

California Creeping (UPDATED)

CA state Senator Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) introduced CA State Senate Bill 1424. Picture cite.

UPDATE: Received $505 today so far as of 345PM PT. Thank you.

ORIGINAL:

It's more like California galloping.

A bill sits in the California senate:
This bill would require any person who operates a social media, as defined, Internet Web site with a physical presence in California to develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Web site. The bill would require the plan to include, among other things, a plan to mitigate the spread of false information through news stories, the utilization of fact-checkers to verify news stories, providing outreach to social media users, and placing a warning on a news story containing false information.
As regular readers know, Los Angeles is my home town and I've live here continuously since exiting active duty USAF in 1994. This blog, along with its original incarnation has existed since 2003.

I've had some rough personal and financial times here -- both deaths and loss of material possessions -- but I've persevered through them with God's help and yours. I've tried to get a regular job -- over-qualification seems to still be a thing -- but still dream of sustaining a living by doing what I do here and at Da Tech Guy Blog.

This bill, however, is sure to pass. Combined with the suspected shadow-ban on my Twitter and Facebook accounts, such a regulation would serve to segregate my voice and the many other outnumbered Californians who do not subscribe to the Leftism that this state's government seeks to impose on its citizenry. Effectively, it would be a silencing.

I have to consider leaving and most certainly will continue to pray about it. If I decide to go, I will start another itemized fundraiser.

In the meantime, I still have a very immediate need to pay my rent and electric bill-- still slightly behind. I've received several donations and they have allowed me to reduce to the debt and, thereby, stay housed and warm. I need one or a few donations amounting to at least $500.

Keep me in your prayers -- that I make the right decisions and that I stay out of the path of the Eight Ball. Thanks.

(Thanks to Charles Glasser at Instapundit)

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning DaTechGuyBlog. Latest post: An Incomplete Plan.

When you hit the Tip Jar, it helps pays for: A Roof Over My Head, Food, Gasoline, Car Insurance, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility.



No comments: